We are delighted to announce that our core team are moving into a new office! Our new base is located at 4 The Piazza on 95 Morrison Street, Tradeston, Glasgow City Centre – a listed building with a fascinating history.
Whilst our team continue working from home, construction has slowly but surely been taking place at our new HQ. Our 5,600 square foot office space has been fully refurbished to develop the first COVID-safe office in the city.
ZLX have worked with technology experts and scientists to create an office that should neutralise viral pathogens. We have kitted out our new HQ with technology designed to reduce the threat of contact transmission.
We have also partnered with LiquidNano™, a global leader in using emerging nano-scale technologies to create protective coatings for surfaces. A full risk assessment of the new office has been carried out, sterilising products with LiquidNano™ antiviral agent, which will sanitise multiple touch points in the kitchen, breakout areas, toilets, and water coolers – providing protection for up to 10 days.
Steve McCallion, Managing Director at ZLX said: “Once the vaccine programme is fully deployed and medicines are improved, the threat from the virus will be hugely diminished, however many scientists believe that we could be living with Covid-19 for many years, hence the people responsible for offices, shops, pubs and restaurants, and indeed any public buildings, will need to carefully consider the risk of the coronavirus spreading on their premises.
Whilst ZLX is set up to help businesses reclaim cash through successful research and development claims, this initiative – the establishment of a Covid-safe work environment – may provide a helpful example of how to safely reopen.”
95 Morrison Street was designed by Glasgow born architects Bruce and Hay. They built this between 1893-97 as the head office of the Scottish Co-operative Wholesale Society, officially opened in early January 1897. Built as an office and warehouse, it is a four storey building with two attics and a basement, in the French renaissance style. It is also a Grade A listed Glasgow Landmark.
The building’s most interesting feature is the Statue of Light and Life, a gold sculpture of Lady Liberty. Originally created by James Alexander Ewing in 1897 the statue was removed in 1996 due to ill repair after fire damage. In 2016, a new vision of Light and Life was bolted to the top of the building, 150 feet above sea level, illuminated by LED lighting at the base.
How to reach us
Our team will continue to work from home until it is safe to return to the office. When office life resumes, we look forward to face-to-face meetings with clients. Located in the area of Tradeston, there are excellent transport connections, just a 1–2-minute drive from the M8, M77, M74 and Clydeside Expressway. Shields Road and West Street subway stations are both around 5 minutes away on foot and Central Station is a 10-minute walk.